Privacy and Cookies Policy
When we refer to “we”, “our” or “us” we are referring to Daisy Communications Limited of Lindred House, 20 Lindred Road, Brierfield, Nelson, BB9 5SR (Company No. 04145329) and its subsidiaries. Leasedline.co.uk is part of Daisy Communications Ltd.
Any links from our website to other websites are provided merely for your convenience and do not imply our endorsement of the content or the provider. If you follow a link, you do so at your own risk, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the content of such websites.
Daisy Communications Ltd is registered to process data under the Data Protection Act 2018 and our registration number is Z7761141.
Information we may collect from you
By using our website or by inquiring about any of the products and services we offer through it, you are confirming to us that you understand and accept that your personal information may be used by us in the manner described below.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence (including email and phone conversations);
- your name, address, telephone number, email address and other information which you supply to us;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information regarding products or services that you request from us;
- to audit the use of our website;
- for training purposes, quality assurance or to record details about the products and services you are inquiring about;
- to satisfy and meet our legal and regulatory requirements;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our products and services.
Unless prescribed by law, we will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information was collected or for which it is to be further processed by us. Read more about GDPR.
Disclosure of your information
Information submitted via leasedline.co.uk will be collected by Daisy Communications Ltd and will not be transferred outside of the UK.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small pieces of information in the form of text files that are sent to your browser from our web server and are stored on your computer.
We do not store any personal information in the cookie; they are designed only to collect information of an anonymous nature. We will not combine such anonymous information with your personal details.
- To gather information which allows us to identify your platform and record enquires so we may improve customer experience and identify issues with the website.
- To help ensure you are provided with correct and useful information during your visit to our website.
- To collect data which allows us to improve our services based on your website usage.
Categories of cookie
- Essential to website function cookies – these cookies allow you effectively browse our website.
- Helpful, non-intrusive cookies – these help improve your experience on the website, for example by recognising your location so we can view broadband strength in your area or reminding you of your recently viewed items.
- Google Analytics – to help us record user experience and to allow us to test new services, with the objective of improving user experience on the website. Despite their name, we rather than Google drop these cookies on to your computer.
The cookies we use, the reason for using them and the duration for which they are stored, are as follows:
Essential to the Website
|AdInsight Clarity||This cookie is set by software from ResponseTap. The software provides website owners with the ability to link website visitor behaviour to telephone calls made to the company as the result of a visit, in order to understand the effectiveness of the website in encouraging calls from customers. The cookie is used to help track visitors who have multiple tabs open in the same browser to prevent errors in tracking.||1 day|
|AppNexus||This cookie contains a unique randomly-generated value that enables the Platform to distinguish browsers and devices. It is matched against information – such as advertising interest segments and histories of ads shown in the browser or device – provided by clients or other third parties and stored on the Platform. This information is used by clients to select advertisements for delivery by the Platform, and to measure the performance of, and attribute payment for, those advertisements.
In addition, this cookie is used to enable clients to use data which does not reveal or use an Internet user’s real-world identity or data they collect outside of the Platform or acquire from other third parties.
This cookie is also sometimes matched to clients’ or other third parties’ cookies so that they can use data they collect outside of the Platform to serve more relevant advertisements to Internet users.
|Session||Also called a transient cookie, a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the users computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.||Session|
|ShareThis||We use pixels to place a cookie on your visitors’ browsers. In some cases, this may involve your visitors receiving a cookie from an advertising partner. They can manage their preferences for interest-based advertising at AboutAds.info or NetworkAdvertisingInitiative.org.
We also use statistical IDs for analytics. The statistical IDs are not currently used for interest-based advertising. If we start using non-cookie technologies for interest-based advertising, we will update this page and our privacy notice, along with providing an opt-out through the NAI opt out platform.
|YouTube||Google collect information to provide better services to all our users — from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful, the people who matter most to you online, or which YouTube videos you might like. The information Google collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our services and how you manage your privacy controls.|
|Rubicon Project||The company runs a technology platform for automated real time bidding for online behavioural advertising. Their cookies build user profiles for the purposes of placing individuals into segmented categories, so that they can be shown advertising believed to be relevent to interests based on past browsing patterns.
The main purpose of cookies set by this host is: Targeting/Advertising
|Google Analytics||Used By Google Analytics to – Determine which domain to measure, Distinguish unique users, Throttle the request rate, Remember the number and time of previous visits, Remember traffic source information, Determine the start and end of a session, Remember the value of visitor-level custom variables|
|MFM Client Data||Used to monitor user journey from ad campaign until enquiry submission||1 month|
|Optimizely||Optimizely uses persistent visitor-level cookies and localStorage to uniquely identify visitors, track their actions, and deliver consistent experiences across page loads. It sets a number of cookies, each storing a different set of data.|
|ResponseTap||Monitors a user’s behaviour for tracking and linking visitors to calls made.|
|WordPress||Stores a logged in user details|
Analytics and Marketing Cookies
|Google Analytics||These are cookies which are used to gather user information to help improve the user experience. These are often known as “UTM” cookies which are described in more detail in this table.||See below|
|Google Analytics Utma||Identifying Unique Visitors. This cookie records a user’s first, previous and current visits to the website. It also records the total number of a user’s visits.||1 day|
|Google Analytics Utmb||Tracking Traffic Sources & Navigation. These are used to help determine the length of a user’s session on the website. This cookie takes a timestamp of the exact moment a user enters the website.||Session|
|Google Analytics Utmc||Tracking Traffic Sources & Navigation. These are also used to determine the length of a user’s session on the website. This cookie takes a timestamp of the exact moment a user leaves the website.||Session|
|Google Analytics Utmx||Website Optimizer. This cookie helps us to determine the most effective design for our website.||6 Months|
|Google Analytics Utmz||Tracking Traffic Sources & Navigation. This cookie enables us to see where a user of the website has been referred from (e.g. a search engine, a direct link or an advertisement). This cookie also gets updated as a user views different pages on the website and is used to track how a user navigates within the website.||Session|
From time to time, we add different cookies to test systems to make your user experience better, we will not use or keep any of the data captured during these trials.
If you click ‘agree and continue’ you are also providing your consent to those cookie settings and unless and until you change your settings, you’ve agreed to them.
In any event, as we have notified you with that notice about the cookies we use, your use of our website without making any changes to the existing cookie settings we have provided, is your consent to those cookie settings. In other words, we have told you about those cookies and you’ve decided not to block them, so we will assume that unless and until you change your settings, you’ve agreed to them.
Additionally, if you change the settings using your browser settings, you are giving your consent to our use of those cookies which you have not disabled.
How to reject and manage cookies
You can choose not to allow cookies in your browser settings. How you do this will depend upon the browser you are using.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
As our cookies are largely aimed at improving the user experience on the website, you may find that if you block certain cookies you may experience deterioration in the service you receive.
Your rights and how to contact us
Data protection legislation provides you with the following rights regarding your personal data:
- The right to access a copy of the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a subject access request (SAR))
- The right to rectify the personal data we hold about you where it is inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to have the personal data we hold about you deleted (commonly known as the right to be forgotten)
- The right to restrict the way we use your personal data
- The right to data portability e.g. to get your personal data from us in a commonly used and machine readable format or ask us to transfer it to another organisation
- The right to object to the way we process your personal data
In addition to these rights, if you gave us consent to use your data e.g. so that we can send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent at any time and free of charge.
If you have any comments, questions, objections or to exercise any of your rights you can send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at Data Protection Officer, Lindred House, 20 Lindred Road, Brierfield, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 5SR.
We regularly review our policies and any changes will be posted on our website. This Privacy & Cookies Policy was last reviewed and updated in October 2020.